Monday, April 27, 2015

Zentangled ScratchBoard


Zentangler 



When I originally did this project I did the completely wrong thing. I just thought I had to scratch a cool picture onto the board. But I soon realized it was supposed to be a zentangle pattern onto the scratchboard. This is my final zentangled scratchboard. I colored my pastels on the water color paper as hard as I could. Once that was done I painted over the pastels with dish soap and black tempera paint. For every design on my zentangle I used a toothpick. I used a lot of toothpicks because after a little while they would get dull. I started by toothpicking triangles and then picked a few different patterns to fill in the rest of the triangles. It's really cool to watch your colors unfold with each scratch of the toothpick. It turned out really cool. I learned that this was a really messy assignment. I had black paint chips all over me and my house. If I did it differently I would try and do a picture of scenery and make it a whole zentangle experience with something deeper. But I absolutely loved how it turned out and it was super fun to learn how to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment