Monday, April 27, 2015

Milk Jug Mask


African Safari 




This mask was really fun to make. I just looked up different styles of african masks on Pinterest and found so many options. I really liked the masks that had a simple pattern. So i did that. I wanted the color only to come from my raffia, that's why I chose such a deep red for the sides. The dots came out of a folder. They were plastic black circles that I hot glued to the mask. I would have never thought adding the tape on the milk jug would leave such a cool texture. The shoe polish smelled weird. But it left such a rustic look that I really liked. I used different shades of brown paint for my triangle shapes. It went really smoothly. The only thing that was difficult was tying the raffia in the holes because you could never find the right end of the raffia you were working on. It turned out really cool. I don't know if I would do anything different but I would like to make another one and add a lot more detail. I like how simple this one is but it would be fun to add a lot more detail to it. I learned a lot from this assignment. I didn't even know what raffia was, well at least the name of it. This project would make a really cool integrated lesson assignment. It wasn't too expensive either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment