Monday, April 27, 2015

Printmaking x 2


Lemon Delight 



Squares of Wonder



I thought this was a really fun assignment. I got my inspiration off of Pinterest just like everything else I have done. For my top print making I used a lemon and a small box lid case for the stamp. The lemons didn't work as well as I was hoping. I thought it would just be the most brilliant idea and it didn't show up as well as I would have liked. I was just going to use the lemon but it felt a little empty so I decided to add on the squares over it to create a geometric feel. For the second picture I used a small box and wrapped yarn around it and then dipped it in paint, then onto the paper. They turned out really cool. The square one turned out as aspected. I wish i wouldn't have done the top squares or changed the color. If I was to do it again I would do that differently. I would also like to experiment with even more techniques. I tried the potato but that didn't work very well. But i'm sure there are a lot of different ways you could go about doing this. It was fun to experiment with different materials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment