Monday, April 27, 2015

Mandala


Mandala



This was my first art project for this class. With the assignment came some research. Once I finished researching I tried free handing my own Mandala. Well, that didn't work. They looked horrendous. I researched a little more on how to draw one and they gave instructions on how to make the shape of a mandala using a protractor and a ruler. After that it was so much easier to get started. I had a really good eraser, which was important when drawing all of my lines. I originally just did it in pencil and I thought it needed a little more depth which is why I added the sharpie and light pencil shadings. It turned out really well. I worked really hard on this project and put in a lot of time into it. I really am impressed in how it turned out. I learned that if you are patient and have a process it goes a lot smoother. I really like the black, gray, and white contrast with this piece. But I wouldn't mind making another one and adding color to it next time. This one was really important to me because I realized that I could do art and make it look descent.


No comments:

Post a Comment