Monday, April 27, 2015

Create Your Own Mask


Bird Mask



This assignment was so fun. I originally tried to do an Elsa frozen mask by using hot glue to create an icy vibe. But it required a mask outline of your face. Which I didn't have. I tried to improvise with a masquerade mask but that didn't work either. So I moved on with the egg carton mask which I found on Pinterest. You cut up the egg carton till you only have two egg holders. from there I just painted the beak and face with my metallic tempera paint. Once that dried I superglued googly eyes into the egg holder. Once that dried I started superglueing the feathers on. It was really simple and didn't take long at all. But I just think it is such a fun idea especially for a classroom if you did a unit on birds. It turned out super cute. It was also inexpensive! I learned that you can create cute things just from something in your garbage. I wouldn't do anything different with this one. I just love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment